As the year comes to a close, the Dawgs hope to extend their winning streak against the Pepperdine Waves. Pepperdine always strikes me as that team you don’t want to play, but this year seems a bit different. The Waves are well on the backside of a winning season against lesser teams, so the Dawgs stand a good chance of making it 3 in a row. Granted the Waves are coming off a nice win over Utah, I still think they are not the a team that will give the Dawgs much trouble, but with the New Dawgs, that can be a bold statement. What to expect against the Waves :
- Keion Bell, 6-3 Guard – Leads the team in Points (20.6), Second in Rebounds (5.4/game)
- Three players averaging in double digit points.
- They have a 7 footer and a 6-10 guy, but neither get much playing time. Although the 6-10 Corbin Moore does get about 15 minutes a game.
- Hitting about a third of their three pointers making 6 a game (about what the Dawgs allow per game)
- They have attempted 240 threes (Dawgs 118)
- Shooting just over 70% from the line.
- They are out rebounding their opponents by +4 with 38 per game. The Dawgs are getting 35 per.
- Getting at 70 points per game (Dawgs 65)
- Play two complete halves of Basketball. This was not the case against the Owls from Florida Atlantic.
- Continue to work on free throws. This seems to be winning games for us of late.
- Work off the Christmas meals after three days off
- Strong defense. Guard the three.
First Come, First Serve-Limited Seating. Game Time : Wednesday, December 30th •7:00 p.m. • Stegeman Coliseum So come out and support the Dawgs