Here is a different approach, a little summary based on the tweets I made during the game. At the end is the box score and some more thoughts on the game.
My Tweets and Comments.
- Dawgs Update. Albert Jackson starting
- This is a good sign. Albert can be a force in the middle. And this also means that he is recovery from a preseason wrist injury.
- Dawgs Update: out to early 6-0 lead on strong defense.
- The defense was playing a press, although not a full press. Wish our offense was playing as well.
- Dawgs Update: Loving me some strong D
- At this point I was impressed with the stong defensive stands that we were running. OUr size had a lot to do with this.
- Dawgs showing some press tonight. Looks good
- More defense and more defense. Oddly our offense dropped some when we applied strong D.
- Dawgs Update. 11:18 left in first. Dawgs up 13-3 on strong D and bad O. Several blocks and steals but can't convert.
- Low scoring game, no offense on either side of of the ball.
- Dawgs Update: 3:38 left in first. Dawgs up 25-11. Walking calls are all the rage. Side note: Rick majerus has not sat down yet, just sayin'
- The refs were call happy on getting both teams with walking calls. Must be the prime call this year. This doesn't bode well for the Dawgs since we have a lot of pivots and spins in our offense. I made note that Coach Rick had note sat down. One he had no seat on the bench and only sat during timeouts when talking to the team.
- Dawgs Update: 31-18 Dawgs at half. Better D when we press.Need to score on their mistakes. Rebounding is not too bad. Too many walking calls
- St. Louis started making some runs and was showing signs of coming into this game. Coach Rick was making some nice adjustments
- Dawgs Update:11:54 left in game. Dawg up 45-28. Need to start putting them away. Giving too many fouls away 9/9 from line 4/8 from 3, 16/40 from field.
- Dawgs up nicely with the exception of field shooting.
- Dawgs up 59-50 with the ball with 1:19 left
- Dawgs dropped the pressing defense and St. Louis made some runs to pull with in double digits. At this point and leading up to this, I stopped updating twitter because the game was getting tight.
- Dawgs win 64-56. Gooooo Dawgs
- Dawgs held on from the line for a good win. St .Louis hit just enough shots to make me nervous. But unlike other Georgia teams, the dawns did not fold. Even though we had a high number of fouls going around, we played some good defense.
- Another good game by the dawgs. Not very pretty, but a win is a win. Some nice D at times for @coachmarkfox and the team.
- This was a response from the good win tweet by CMF.
|SAINT LOUIS BILLIKENS|
|Kwamain Mitchell, G||27||5-14||3-8||3-5||1||4||0||4||1||2||4||16|
|Femi John, G||25||3-7||1-3||2-2||1||3||1||1||0||1||1||9|
|Brian Conklin, F||35||1-4||0-0||2-4||0||0||1||2||1||0||4||4|
|Christian Salecich, G||18||0-3||0-3||2-2||0||0||0||0||0||6||3||2|
|Willie Reed, F||32||4-10||0-0||6-6||2||8||0||4||3||2||3||14|
|Justin Jordan, G||22||2-4||1-2||0-0||1||3||4||1||0||3||1||5|
|Kyle Cassity, G||29||2-4||2-3||0-0||2||5||1||1||0||2||1||6|
|Cory Remekun, F||12||0-3||0-0||0-0||1||2||0||0||2||1||3||0|
|Travis Leslie, G||26||2-6||0-0||7-8||3||9||1||3||1||3||3||11|
|Dustin Ware, G||33||5-9||3-6||4-4||1||4||2||0||0||2||0||17|
|Ricky McPhee, G||34||2-5||2-4||4-5||0||1||2||2||0||1||3||10|
|Trey Thompkins, F||23||6-15||0-0||0-0||2||3||3||3||1||5||4||12|
|Albert Jackson, F-C||18||0-2||0-0||0-0||0||3||0||0||4||0||3||0|
|DeMario Mayfield, G||9||0-1||0-0||0-0||0||0||0||1||0||2||0||0|
|Chris Barnes, F||16||0-1||0-0||0-0||0||2||1||1||1||1||0||0|
|Vincent Williams, G||7||0-1||0-0||0-0||0||1||2||1||0||1||1||0|
|Drazen Zlovaric, F||11||0-0||0-0||0-0||1||2||0||0||0||1||1||0|
|Jeremy Price, F||23||6-10||0-0||2-3||0||4||0||0||1||3||1||14|