|Date / Time||Tuesday, January 5 at 7:00 p.m. ET|
|Location||Stegeman Coliseum | Athens, Ga.|
|Television||CSS and ESPN Full Court|
|Radio||Georgia Bulldogs Radio Network (Atlanta: 750AM, Athens: 100.1 FM, 960 AM)|
|Internet||Live audio on GXtra (subscription required)|
This year, like most we hope for the football-basketball sweep. The dawgs hope to continue the home court dominance that each team has shown over the last 14 years. The dawgs are the only one to win on the other court. I’m hoping that this trend continues tonight, as the dawgs need a strong win coming off a less than stellar performance against a good Missouri team. The game against Missouri was one that you write off and forget about. We were just out played from all angles.
So what do we know about the Jackets this year. The Jackets come in ranked 20th in the country with a 11-2 record with their two defeats coming against Dayton in PR and FSU in overtime.
- Three players averaging double figures (Lawai, Favors and Udofia)
- Getting over 42 rebounds a game
- Just over 77 points a game
- 15 assists and 16 turnovers a game
- Deep bench, but I think this is only due to the level of the teams played so far. The only good teams they played to date, they lost.
So for the Dawgs to continue the home winning streak against the Jackets, we need to do the following
- Continue to shoot free throws well (Dawgs led the Conf in FT percentage made the last three weeks).
- Stay out of foul trouble]
- Rebound, rebound, rebound. This was an issue against the Tigers in the last game
- Travis and Trey both need to get hot. Would like at least 15 points each.
- Watch the turnovers. Again this was bad against the Tigers.
So tune in or come on out. Also of note, as Coach Mark Fox said, the star on the Flag is for GEORGIA not Georgia Tech. GOOOOOO DAWGS